The Woman and the Blood


The Woman and the Blood

The holiday season is quickly approaching us. It is the time when most people spend time with family and other loved ones, and for this brief period of time, most people seem truly happy and caring. But for some, it is a time of loneliness and isolation giving them pain instead of joy since a lot of people do not have anyone.
 Also, sad but true, even those with family members or perceived loved ones around every day still remark that they are lonely. There might be loads of people in your circle of life, nevertheless, like someone once said, “you can be lonely in a crowd.”
However, I would like to remind you that those emotions are not real, they are just feelings meant to cause you despair or depression. The Holy Spirit, too, wanted me to remind you that if you have accepted the precious gift of Jesus, and call Him Lord, “You are never alone, He is with you.” It might seem as if no one cares for you, the world had as abandoned you, or `you are suffering because someone whom you loved has left. God has not gone, and He cares more than you can know; He feels your hurts.
While studying the word of God, the love of God was manifested to me. I mean I really understood it. His love, I did not feel in my flesh but in my heart. I received the most awesome revelation of that love, and I want to share that with you in this blog.
When you read this posting, please open up your heart and let Him shower you with His incredible love.
In the Old Testament, it seems like He was a God of rules and laws and from all appearances, He placed a lot of emphasis on those commandments. I Have heard several reasons why he was so strict on the people, however, regardless of the explanations, I see love in there also. There were many opportunities for him to completely wipe out the Jewish people because they were just bad at times; nevertheless, because of His great love, he forgave them and always sent someone to help them. Moses, Elijah, Elisha, Ester, Jonah, Joseph, Deborah, David, Sampson, and many more.
To start, first I need to go over a couple of scriptures in the old testament.
Leviticus 15:19-28 (KJV) 19 “And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even…….25 And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean….. 27 And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even
In the above scriptures, we see that when a woman was having her menstrual cycle, she was not allowed to be around anyone and forced to live that time of her life in isolation. Every month she experienced an emotion of loneliness and solitude. If anyone touched her, he or she were too considered unclean, and in turn banned from the presence of others.
Side note: Why God gave this commandment in the old testament is not my concern, and I cannot argue against it. He is God and it I not up to me to question Him. I suppose I am narrow-minded when it comes to God, but then that is why we are all individuals, and we all make a choice in what we believe. It is called free will
Now, look at Jesus in the new testament.
Mark 5:24-34 (KJV) 24 “And Jesus went with him; and much people followed him, and thronged him. 25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, 26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, 27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. 28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. 29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. 30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? 31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. 33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. 34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.”
Wow, did you get that? There I no greater love than what our Lord Jesus displays. The God of rules and laws in the old testament has taken away the veil of separation by coming to earth as a man. Jesus let down his strong demeanor and shows such love that He disobeys his own commandment.
How is that you might wonder? Remember by the law mentioned above; this woman should not have been out of her home. She should have been in isolation away from everyone else, and she definitely should not have been out touching others. From the mention of thronging, we know she had to touch a lot of people to get to Jesus.
Our Lord Jesus should have immediately gone home and shut himself off from everyone else; it was His commandment in Leviticus. And not only Him, but a lot of people should have left that day, they were all unclean now. Jesus had every right to be angry and to say to the woman, “Hey you were unclean and had no right to be out among us. How dare you have touched me. ” So many people would have told her that, and scorned her for even leaving her home.
Notice, however, Jesus never grew angry but politely responded, “Daughter, your faith has healed you…”Such great love, he showed to this woman, God called her daughter (dear one, my love, my child) because he cared. He knew she was miserable, lonely, rejected, and full of sorry, and this was not only for a brief period of the month, but this woman had suffered years, every single day. Jesus, in this one act of kindness, took away her sadness and now she could be with everyone else. Go shopping, hang out at the synagogue, go to the parades, head to the stonings (lol), or just do whatever she wanted to do because she was clean. Sure, He healed her body, but too He gave her life back and removed the stigma of being less than.
Secondly, this woman needed to punishment for being out among others. That is how a lot of people think, a bit selfish. It was not their fault they were unclean; it was hers and emotions of betrayal, self-pity, and disgust was probably plentiful in that situation. Go in peace,” God told her. Jesus basically told everyone around to leave her alone.
Great love said forgive her, let her go in harmony and do not strike out against her. I am the one that made the law, and I am the one that has broken it. I want everyone one to know that I love them, and I am no longer angry with you. If my anger is gone so should yours be also. So love her as I do.
Whether we are Jew or Gentile, God loves us all just as He loved the woman with the issue of blood and knowing that we should understand that He knows our pain and hurts.
Jesus told us, John 10:10 (KJV) 10 “…….I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
 Life means no depression, no isolation, no sorrow, or feelings of loneliness. When we belong to Jesus, then God is there, and there is no aloneness in Him. The beautiful Holy Spirit will comfort our hearts, and if we need it, he will give us someone to love, someone to help, and someone who needs the same love we do.
If you don’t know Jesus, it is not difficult to come to him. Only invite him into your life and confess your sins, and He is faithful and just to forgive your sins, love you, and give you life.
Sinners Prayer
If you have never made Jesus the Lord of your life, just pray this simple prayer with me and mean it with all of your heart, and you shall be saved:
“Father, I recognize that I am totally dependent on You to save me. I accept Jesus’ sacrifice as payment for my sins and make Him the Lord of my life. I believe that Jesus is alive from the dead and now living in me. I am saved! Praise God! I am saved!” Andrew Wommack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Awesomeness of God

When God Seems Distant

A Love Beyond Our Understanding